Reliable, understandable and clean code
Consistent code that different developers quickly understand accelerates the development process. Developers as a rule hate to do anything twice. They also have a low tolerance for boredom. Continuously viewing other people's code only to find the same errors over and over is not only discouraging; it also has an adverse impact on morale.
ACR solves this problem by providing a platform that automates much of the code review process using the same best practices defined by the Mendix platform. Issues that ACR automatically identifies include:
- Does the application allow users to access the data they have permission to view?
- Did the developers use the correct name conventions?
- Has the code bean optimized for performance?
- Are the right controls in place to ensure security?
Best of all the ACR is available directly on the commit, which means a developer can immediately check the code they wrote themselves long before a potential issue is discovered by one of their peers.
We all know the only way developers become more skilled is via code reviews with their peers. But it doesn’t necessarily follow that ever aspect of a code review process needs to be conducted by one of their peers, most of which are already pressed for time. ACR makes it possible to automate the mundane aspects of the code review process in a way that allows developer teams to focus their efforts on more complex challenges.
Key components of the ACR platform include:
• Peer review code analysis to automatically check development rules are enforced
• Specific techniques developers can rely on instead of the standard targets provided by other tools
• Whitelist best choices if there is a widely-employed exception to a rule.
• Run security scans of data viscosity and changes
• Create new rules to apply to future reviews
• Enable developers to self-service their own reviews.
The benefits of finding errors faster
Too many organizations underestimate the business value of getting code right the first time. High quality code not only improves the speed at which applications are built, it makes them easier to maintain and support. If organizations want to save costs, it is important to start checking the code as early as possible. After all, the sooner errors are found, the less painful and expensive it is to fix them for all concerned.
DOWNLOAD FREE EBOOK
Has your organization launched a digital business transformation project that needs to be accelerated? Do you need a proven structured way to tackle these types of projects, or maybe you're just curious about what is possible? Mansystems has already helped numerous of organizations to achieve their goals. Download the ebook here or contact us now.